Sonoita-Elgin Fire District, a dynamic combination department in SE Arizona, invites applications from internal and external candidates for the following position- Captain/PM
Applications are available at the station, or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Completed applications may be returned in person to the station or sent via email (PDF format only) to- email@example.com by 1700 on Fri 09-29. Interviews will be scheduled for early October. Anticipated start date is November 2023. Eligible candidates not selected for the position will be kept on an eligibility list through the next round of testing.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid driver’s license
• 2 years of experience at SEFD or equivalent department
• AZ CEP • BLS/HCP CPR (or equivalent)
• ACLS CPR (or equivalent)
• PALS CPR (or equivalent)
• AZ FF I/II (equivalent or ability to obtain within 12 months)
• AZ Ropes Operations (or equivalent)
• NWCG FF II
• Blue Card certified (or obtained within 18 months)
• Associates degree (or higher)
• NWCG Firefighter I (or higher) All candidates must be able to complete an in-person interview, in person physical ability test an
All candidates must be able to complete an in-person interview, in person physical ability test and simulated incident scenarios.
Compensation and Benefits (partial list)-
• Annual salary approx. $60-63,000 (based on qualifications) base plus overtime opportunities and wildland assignments
• Annual clothing allowance
• Participation in PSPRS
• Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage (SEFD contributes up to $440 monthly)Captain-CEP Hire 08-2023.pdfSEFD-PERSONNEL-APPLICATION (1).pdf
Questions? Contact Marc Meredith, Fire Chief ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) or 520-455-585
Please fill out, sign and return it to our Administrative Office by mail, fax, email or simply bring it by during business hours.